Terms of entry
1. By entering the Awards the entrant will be deemed to have read and understood these rules and to be bound by them. These rules include any instructions set out with the Awards details.
2. The competition is open to UK residents only. Overseas entrants are not eligible.
3. Individual named entrants may not enter more than one award. A company may enter as many awards as it chooses but each entry must be submitted by a different individual. Individuals or companies may not enter any award which they have won since 5th September 2015
4. Entries must be submitted online at www.bakeryawards.co.uk. Entries needed to be submitted no later than 5.00 p.m. on Tuesday 8th May 2018. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
5. Entries will only be accepted if they are submitted online in full.
6. Entries must state the name of the person responsible for submitting the entry and to whom all correspondence concerning the Awards should be addressed.
7. The Organiser reserves the right at its absolute discretion to reject any entry that it deems inappropriate.
8. Entries will become the property of the Organiser.
9. Responsibility cannot be accepted for any lost, late or mislaid entries and any entry which is incomplete, or which otherwise does not comply with these terms and conditions may be deemed invalid in the sole discretion of the Organiser.
10. The finalists in each category of the Awards will be announced online in July and in the August edition of British Baker. All finalists will be notified individually via email. Unsuccessful entrants will be notified at the same time.
11. Winners will be announced at the awards ceremony on Wednesday 5th September 2018. The winners’ names will be published online in September 2018 and in British Baker in October 2018.
12. The Organiser reserves the right to change the categories and the judging panel without prior notice to entrants.
13. The Organiser’s decision on all matters affecting this competition is final and legally binding.
14. No correspondence will be entered into.
15. Winners may be required to take part in some post-event publicity and consent to their name and photograph being used for such purposes.
16. All finalists must make themselves available for judging and be free to attend the Awards evening on Wednesday 5th September 2018
17. Winners may publicise that they are a category winner in the “British Baker Baking Industry Awards 2018” provided that the category is specified. Each winner will be sent a specific winner’s logo for this purpose.
18. Entrants from product related categories are prohibited from publishing photos of their entries online, in print or in any other format, including social media, for public viewing prior to Thursday 6 September 2018.
19. By entering the Awards, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of the Awards and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
20. The Organiser and Data Controller is William Reed Business Media Ltd, Broadfield Park, Crawley RH11 9RT.